• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 16, 1996) – WCW The Great American Bash 1996
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 16, 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW The Great American Bash 1996’ LIVE on PPV from the Baltimore Arena in Baltimore, Maryland.
This was the 10th edition of WCW’s annual The Great American Bash events, although the 1986 & 1987 Great American Bash events were actually tours of several shows with the best matches making it to the VHS’, that made them being presented like 1 big event in both years, even though they weren’t.
There was no Great American Bash in 1993 & 1994, but after WCW was sold to the World Wrestling Federation in 2001, Vince McMahon brought the pay-per-view back in 2004 under the WWE banner.
Below are the results from that night:
– The Steiner Brothers defeated Fire and Ice
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Konnan (c) defeated El Gato
– Diamond Dallas Page defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Dean Malenko (c) defeated Rey Mysterio Jr.
– John Tenta defeated Big Bubba Rogers
– Falls Count Anywhere: Chris Benoit defeated Kevin Sullivan
– Sting defeated Lord Steven Regal
– Ric Flair & Arn Anderson defeated Kevin Greene & Steve McMichael
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: The Giant (c) defeated Lex Luger
• WWE Rushing To Break A Tag Team On RAW
With every week passing, the friendship ties between Andrade and Angel Garza are weakening.
The two men of Zelina Vega’s stable got into another argument on this week’s RAW, and Garza lost his match against Kevin Owens after an inadvertent distraction from El Idolo.
As Paul Heyman was the one giving Garza a push, it looks like his push won’t continue anymore as Bruce Prichard has taken over RAW.
The Wrestling Observer noted that WWE is planning to break Vega’s stable soon.
“I think that the plan was always to break them up at some point. Maybe they’re rushing things through.”
WATCH: Zelina Vega In Super Hot Revealing Costume: