• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 20, 2001) – WWF Judgment Day 2001
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on May 20, 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘Judgment Day 2001’ LIVE on PPV from the ARCO Arena in Sacramento, California.
It was the 3rd Judgment Day PPV out of the 11 WWF/WWE aired between 1998 and 2009.
Here are the PPV results:
– William Regal defeated Rikishi
– 2-out-of-3-falls for Angle’s Gold Medal: Kurt Angle defeated Chris Benoit
– Triple threat – WWF Hardcore Championship: Rhyno (c) defeated Big Show and Test
– WWF Women’s Championship: Chyna (c) defeated Lita
– Chain match – WWF Intercontinental Championship: Kane defeated Triple H (c)
– Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho won a #1 contenders Tag team turmoil match
– No Holds Barred – WWF Championship: Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) defeated The Undertaker
• WWE Almost Booked A Different Money In The Bank Winner
According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, WWE officials were discussing booking Ember Moon as the winner of the Women’s Money In The Bank 2019 ladder match.
This would’ve then led to Ember cashing-in her Money In The Bank contract on the new SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair to win the Title.
WWE obviously ended up replacing Ember with Bayley in this role and it worked out as Bayley got a big pop for both her wins last night.