• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 6, 1993) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Exposition Building in Portland, Maine and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– King’s Court with Yokozuna & Mr. Fuji
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Duane Gill & PJ Walker
– Adam Bomb vs. Chris Simpson
– Owen Hart vs. Ricky Rich
– Shawn Michaels vs. Greg Johnson
– King of the Ring Report
– Mr. Perfect vs. Tommy Roy
– Doink The Clown vs. Louis Armstrong
• WWE Championship Feud Delayed Due To RAW Wrestler’s Injury
Jinder Mahal returned to the ring in April after missing over 9 months of action due to a knee injury. Mahal turned babyface and was set to get a push again to appeal to WWE’s Indian fanbase.
However, he has been forced out of action once again as he started facing knee issues. The Modern Day Maharaja underwent another knee surgery in Birmingham.
You can check out the update he gave on himself below:
“Unfortunately I had to go under the knife again to fix some knee issues. The journey has hit a speed bump, but I will be back stronger than ever.”
WrestleTalk is reporting that Mahal was supposed to get a significant push soon, as the Executive Director of RAW, Paul Heyman, wanted him to feud with WWE Champion Drew McIntyre.
The feud wasn’t supposed to be a long one, but it was still planned due to the history between the two men. Unfortunately, plans will have to be delayed until Mahal returns.