• WWE Files New Trademark For Old School WCW PPV Name
On May 4th, the WWE filed two identical trademarks for WCW PPV “Bash At The Beach” with both the United States Patent and Trademark Office (according to Heel By Nature).
This was done in order to prevent Tony Khan’s All Elite Wrestling from using that Old School WCW PPV name in the future, after AEW used it for events in the past.
There’s a rumor that Cody Rhodes, who had previously trademarked “Bash At The Beach” in recent years, and the WWE came to some sort of an agreement, where they would get the PPV name, while Cody would get the permission to use his last name.
Here are some of the other trademarks that Cody applied for in recent years:
– Superbrawl (WCW PPV)
– Bunkhouse Stampede (NWA PPV)
– Battlebowl (WCW PPV)
– The Match Beyond (Tagline for ‘War Games’ matches)
– Slamboree (WCW PPV)
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Grabs Her Knockers:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (May 8, 1993) – WCW Worldwide
On this day in 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Worldwide’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Municipal Auditorium in Columbus, Georgia and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the “WCW Slamboree 1993: A Legends’ Reunion” PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Johnny B. Badd vs. Dave Lynch
– Cactus Jack–Big Van Vader recap
– Scott Norton vs. TC Carter
– Scott Norton Interview
– Slamboree Control Center
– Rick Rude vs. Ron Hagen
– Flair for the Gold (Windham no-shows)
– Unified World Tag Team Titles: Hollywood Blonds vs. 2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Alexander Bagwell