• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 16, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania.
You can find the card below:
1. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs. Rusty Brooks & Terry Gibbs
2. Ricky Steamboat vs. Steve Lombardi
3. King Kong Bundy vs. Mario Mancini
4. John Studd vs. Jim Young
5. Piper’s Pit with Brutus Beefcake
6. Wendi Richter vs. Peggy Lee
• WWE Hall Of Famer Buries Goldberg Big Time, Calls Him The Most Unprofessional Wrestler In The Business
During his appearance on Stone Cold Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions on the WWE Network, two time WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hitman” Hart buried WWE Hall of Famer & current Universal Champion Goldberg big time.
Below is what Bret said:
“I wrestled for 23 years, never injured anyone, I could be a little stiff at times but never hurt anyone.
I was always respectful to the guys I worked with, wish I could say the same for some of the wrestlers I worked with, especially at the end.
Goldberg to me was one of the most unprofessional wrestlers in the business. For Bill Goldberg to be in the Hall of Fame, he hurt everyone he worked with. He might as well wrestle a real gorilla.
He was the most dangerous guy to work with. He hurt everyone he worked with. Last words I said to him before I worked with him that night before he ended my career was ‘DON’T HURT ME’, do whatever you want just don’t go nuts.”
WATCH: Carmella Exposed With A Super Hot Wedgie: