• WWE Hall Of Famer Sunny Crashes Into A Stopped Vehicle, Driver Passes Away
On March 25, WWE Hall Of Famer Sunny was involved in a fatal 3-car crash on U.S. 1.
Sunny crashed into a stopped vehicle while driving southbound on U.S. 1, north of Granada Boulevard. The stopped vehicle then crashed into the vehicle in front of it.
The driver of the vehicle (Julian Lafrancis Lasseter of Daytona Beach Shores) hit by Sunny was pronounced dead upon reaching the Halifax Health Medical Center. Sunny was also taken there, but was later released.
A search warrant has been issued to obtain a blood sample of Sunny to investigate if she was impaired at that time.
People in the 3rd vehicle were also injured, but didn’t need to be taken to a hospital.
Ormond Beach Police Chief Jesse Godfrey said the following about this accident:
“Our hearts go out to the Lasseter family that lost their loved one in such a tragic event.
Our goal at the Ormond Beach Police Department is to keep city roadways safe, so if you see a vehicle operating in a manner that leads you to believe the driver may be impaired, please don’t hesitate to call 911.
You may just save someone’s life.”
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 6, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the San Jose Arena in San Jose, California and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Backlash 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Chris Benoit vs. Rikishi
2. The Dudley Boyz vs. T & A
3. Tazz vs. Perry Saturn
4. The Big Boss Man & Bull Buchanan vs. Al Snow & Steve Blackman
5. Dean Malenko vs. Taka Michinoku
6. The Big Show vs. The Godfather
7. Edge & Christian vs. Kurt Angle & Hardcore Holly
8. Road Dogg & X-Pac vs. The Rock