• WWE Is Moving One Step Closer To Sale After WrestleMania 39
Earlier this year, Vince McMahon returned to the WWE Board Of Directors and became The Chairman of once again.
He’s back to sell the company and to ensure that they get the best deal possible, ahead of the upcoming RAW/SmackDown/NXT TV contract negotiations.
According to Bloomberg, Vince is asking for $9 billion to sell the company, which is 37% higher than WWE’s current market value of $6.5 billion.
Since Vince’s return in January and the news coming out of WWE being up for sale, the stock has risen by 30%.
In an update, CNBC is reporting that WWE will meet with potential buyers in April (after WrestleMania 39) for first-round bids.
However, they also noted that there’s no guarantee that a transaction will take place.
In February, WWE CEO Nick Khan said he hopes the sale will be complete in the next 3 months.
WATCH: Nikkita Lyons Reveals Her Buns On The Beach:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 16, 1992) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1992, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania VIII’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Natural Disasters Vs. Jobbers
– The Big Boss Man Vs. Jobber
– WrestleMania 8 Press conference
– The Mountie Vs. Jim Powers
– Jimmy Snuka Vs. Repo Man
– The Undertaker vs. Col. Mustafa
– Shawn Michaels vs. The British Bulldog
– Sid Justice vs. Dale Wolf
– The Warlord vs. Tatanka