• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (May 30, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The show takes place at the Bill Fralic 2nd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic
– All American Exclusive: Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Bob Backlund (Manhattan 5/10/93)
– Steiner Brothers vs. Mike Bell & Tony Devito (Superstars 5/29/93)
– Razor Ramon/1-2-3 Kid clips
– No Hope with Dope Promo
– Mr. Perfect vs. Doink The Clown – KOTR Qualifier (Raw 5/24/93)
• WWE Lying To Its Employees Regarding Sami Zayn’s AEW Mention On RAW
On this week’s episode of RAW, Sami Zayn sat on “The Electric Chair” and answered fan questions.
Zayn wasn’t impressed with the questions that fans asked him and this led to him saying the following:
“You could’ve asked me about AEW.”
WWE didn’t include this line in the video that they uploaded on YouTube.
You can watch Sami mentioning AEW below:
Sami Zayn mentions AEW on RAW pic.twitter.com/rkJfkEJ3al
— World Wrestling News (@WWENewsMafia) May 28, 2019
There were some reports going on that employees backstage in WWE were told that what Zayn said wasn’t scripted and that Vince McMahon was very angry at this situation.
However, that is not the case. According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, the AEW mention was scripted by WWE and WWE lied to their employees to give the impression of something controversial happening:
“It was scripted. They just lied to their own employees to make it out like Sami went against the script, not realizing anyone with a brain knows about the 15 second delay. Not to mention the people who did know would eventually tell those who don’t.
This is Bischoff WCW and they didn’t learn a thing from it. It draws no money and only makes paranoid talent even more paranoid, and makes employees think they’re working for an insane company, neither of which is a positive.”