• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 8, 2001) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from the MCI Center in Washington, District of Columbia and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania X-Seven’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz
2. Chris Jericho vs. Val Venis
3. Chris Benoit vs. Perry Saturn
4. Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko
5. Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Benoit
6. Kurt Angle vs. Test
7. William Regal vs. Al Snow
8. The Rock vs. Rikishi & Haku
• WWE On FOX Account Reacts To Reports Of WWE Employee Coming In Contact With Coronavirus
Brad Shepard posted the following report last night:
“According to a source, a WWE employee – who doesn’t work at the main office – came in contact with a coronavirus carrier.
I’m told a mass email warning was sent out, and the employee is under self-quarantine. They aren’t showing symptoms yet but it’s shaken everyone up.”
The “WWE On FOX” Facebook page saw the reports and wanted to shut down the rumors as it’s a serious issue, especially ahead of WWE’s biggest event of the year – WrestleMania 36 – where thousands of fans will show up to attend the PPV.
Below is what WWE on FOX posted:
“Guys, we usually don’t interject, but when it comes to serious stuff we will. Ringsidenews, especially Brad Shepard, isn’t a trusted ‘news source’ about anything.
Please do not listen to them. Do as you will with other journalists, we won’t promote anyone here, but avoid Ringsidenews – especially when it comes to something as serious as this.”
WATCH: Hottest Torrie Wilson Stinkface With Bum Ever: