• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (November 25, 1999) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped in Rochester, New York and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Armageddon 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Kurt Angle vs. D-Lo Brown
2. WWF European Title: Val Venis vs. The British Bulldog
3. WWF Hardcore Title: The Big Boss Man vs. Kane
4. WWF World Tag Team Title #1 Contendership Match: The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection vs. The Hollys
5. Rikishi Phatu vs. Joey Abs
6. Turkey Bowl Match: Jacqueline vs. Ivory (Special Referee: Miss Kitty)
7. The Godfather vs. Al Snow
8. WWF World Tag Team Titles – Steel Cage Match: The New Age Outlaws vs. The Hardy Boyz
9. Triple H & X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon & Test
• WWE Planning To Take Legal Action Against AEW
All Elite Wrestling announced that the January 15th episode of AEW Dynamite in Miami is now a “Bash At The Beach” special.
The #AEWDynamite scheduled for Wednesday, January 15th in Miami, Florida has gotten just a little bit bigger now as the event will be Officially Titled: BASH AT THE BEACH
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) November 18, 2019
AEW is able to use the “Bash At The Beach” name because AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes was able to trademark it.
However, WWE still plans to take legal action against AEW regarding this situation, according to Fightful:
“Some within WWE weren’t happy with AEW promoting a Bash at the Beach, and there’s talk that they may attempt to take action to stop it.”
WWE has trademarked “The Bash” and thinks AEW using “Bash At The Beach” could create confusion between their properties among the casual audience.
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Summer Rae Shows Off Her Buns On A Beach: