• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 11, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs. Jim Haley & Barry O
2. Ken Patera vs. Joe Black
3. Jesse Ventura vs. Aldo Marino
4. Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Paul Roma & SD Jones
5. Mad Maxine vs. Desiree Peterson
6. The Junkyard Dog, Pedro Morales & Tito Santana vs. Doc Butler, Mike Powers & Johnny Rodz
• WWE Reportedly Bringing Back The Wild Card Rule On Special Request
WWE ended the brand split last year after WrestleMania by introducing the Wild Card Rule. The Wild Card Rule was just in effect for a few months, as WWE ended it after the Draft in last October.
It looks lime the company is planning to end the brand split with some limits, as John Pollock of Post Wrestling is reporting that they’ll make a huge announcement about it on tonight’s RAW.
The idea is that this will be a simpler version of last year’s Wild Card Rule, which didn’t go over well with most fans.
It was also noted that the new ruling for RAW and SmackDown is expected to keep talent crossovers to a minimum.
The idea for the crossovers reportedly came at the request of FOX and the USA Network.
WATCH: Revealing Footage Of Nikki Bella’s Juggs: