• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 24, 1996) – WCW World War 3 1996
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 24, 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW World War 3 1996’ LIVE on PPV from the Norfolk Scope in Norfolk, Virginia.
This was the 2nd one out of only 4 annual ‘WCW World War 3’ pay-per-views that aired between 1995 and 1998.
The tagline of the event was “Sixty Men… Three Rings… One Battle Royal… Total Destruction!”.
The results are here:
– J-Crown Championship: Ultimate Dragon (c) defeated Rey Mysterio Jr.
– Jericho has One Arm Tied Behind his Back: Chris Jericho defeated Nick Patrick
– The Giant defeated Jeff Jarrett
– Harlem Heat defeated the Amazing French-Canadians
– Sister Sherri defeated Col. Robert Parker via count-out
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Dean Malenko (c) defeated Psychosis
– 3 way – WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Outsiders (c) defeated Faces of Fear and The Nasty Boys
– The Giant won the 60-Man World War 3 Battle Royal
• WWE Star Set To Get A Braun Strowman Type Push
As seen during promos that aired this week at Survivor Series 2018, RAW & SmackDown, NXT Superstar Lars Sullivan will be making his WWE main roster debut soon.
According to Brad Shepard, WWE officials are planning to have Lars debut on SmackDown Live because RAW already has a monster in Braun Strowman (who is basically a bigger Lars Sullivan).
According to the Wrestling Observer, Lars is set to get a Braun Strowman type push, where he’ll be the unstoppable, unbeatable monster heel on the blue brand.
Lars is expected to squash smaller opponents to get successful on SmackDown Live before moving on to bigger feuds, similar to what WWE did with Strowman back in 2016 when he went solo after the brand split.
Just like Braun, Lars is considered a “Vince Guy” as well and the future looks bright for WWE’s newest monster.
We’ll keep you updated regarding Sullivan’s WWE debut date.