• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 22, 1998) – WCW World War 3 1998
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 22, 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW World War 3 1998’ LIVE on PPV from the The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
This was the 4th and final one out of only 4 annual ‘WCW World War 3’ pay-per-views that aired between 1995 and 1998.
The tagline of the event was “60 Men. 3 Rings. 1 Survivor.”.
The results are here:
– Wrath defeated Glacier
– Stevie Ray defeated Konnan via DQ
– Ernest Miller & Sonny Onoo defeated Perry Saturn & Kaz Hayashi
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Billy Kidman defeated Juventud Guerrera (c)
– Rick Steiner wrestled Scott Steiner to a no-contest
– WCW World Television Championship: Chris Jericho (c) defeated Bobby Duncum Jr.
– Kevin Nash won the 60-Man World War 3 battle royal
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Diamond Dallas Page (c) defeated Bret Hart
• WWE Testing A Babyface Turn For SmackDown Star
After this week’s SmackDown Live went off the air, The Miz faced WWE Champion Daniel Bryan in a non-title match.
The Miz won the match by DQ after hitting a low blow. After the match, Bryan tried to attack Miz once again, but this time Miz laid him out with a low blow.
The Miz then posed with the WWE Championship and sent the fans home happy after wishing them Happy Thanksgiving.
This was done because WWE officials are testing a babyface turn for The Miz.
As we noted earlier, The Miz is currently the third favorite to win the men’s Royal Rumble 2019 match. So it’s possible that WWE officials plan on doing a Babyface Miz vs. Heel Bryan match for the WWE Championship down the line.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.