• Old School Wrestling Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Today would have been the 50th birthday of Old School ECW Veteran Big Dick Dudley (Real name: Alex Rizzo).
He was considered the leader of the Dudley Family in Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling, where he wrestled from 1994 till 1999.
Big Dick Dudley was married to ECW Diva Elektra, but they divorced shortly before he passed away in 2002.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY & R.I.P.!
• WWE Title Holder Possibly Injured At Live Event
It looks like WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy got injured at last night’s WWE RAW Live Event in Charleston, West Virginia.
A fan noted that Murphy might have been injured when he landed directly on his knee during his Cruiserweight Title defense against Cedric Alexander.
Buddy Murphy got injured at the #WWECharleston house show. Such a crazy sight seeing that in person. Looked like it hurt when he landed directly on his knee.
— bryce (@EPIC_Bryce) January 12, 2019
Below are the results from this Live Event:
– Lucha House Party def. The Revival
– Natalya def. Ruby Riott
– Sasha Banks, Bayley & Natalya def. The Riott Squad
– WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Buddy Murphy (c) def. Cedric Alexander to retain the Title.
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Dean Ambrose (c) def. Seth Rollins to retain the Title.
– No Way Jose, The B Team & Tyler Breeze def. Jinder Mahal, The Ascension & Mojo Rawley
– Drew McIntyre def. Elias
– No DQ Match: John Cena def. Baron Corbin
WATCH: Hot Valet From New Japan Pro Wrestling Shows Off Her Buns:
• Triple Threat Title Match Announced For RAW
WWE announced that Dean Ambrose will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Seth Rollins & Bobby Lashley in a Triple Threat match on next week’s RAW.
Below is what WWE posted regarding this match:
“After pinning Dean Ambrose in this past Monday night’s Six-Man Tag Team Match, an increasingly aggressive Seth Rollins earned an Intercontinental Championship that, per Triple H, would be a Falls Count Anywhere Match.
Taking full advantage of the lenient stipulation, The Architect battered the self-proclaimed “Moral Compass of WWE” all over the arena, even ambushing his foe before the match. After hitting Ambrose with a Stomp that would have won the bout, however, Bobby Lashley — who had brawled with The Kingslayer as Raw went on the air — hit the ring and mercilessly pummeled the would-be Intercontinental Champion. After Ambrose scored the pinfall, “The All Mighty One” continued the brutality by driving Rollins through a table.
This coming Monday on Raw, Rollins will once again have a chance to reclaim Team Red’s workhorse title, but he’ll need to battle both Ambrose and Lashley in a Triple Threat Match. Who will walk into the WWE Royal Rumble event as Intercontinental Champion?”