• WWE Trying To Bring Back Mario Lopez
Old School WWF Legend Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler recently appeared on the ‘On With Mario Lopez‘ podcast, where they discussed a possible idea of the host, famous actor Mario Lopez actually stepping into a WWE ring.
Lopez is pretty familiar with the promotion as he made an appearance for the World Wrestling Federation during the Attitude Era back in 1998 on an episode of RAW IS WAR, where he was sitting in the crowd with his Pacific Blue co-stars and even had a physical interaction with Val Venis.
On an episode of Pacific Blue, Mario had an on-screen fight with ‘The Game’ Triple H, who guest-starred and was sort of in gimmick, even wearing a D-Generation X T-Shirt.
Here’s what Mario told Jerry about possibly getting into pro-wrestling:
“Jerry, they’re trying to get me to do something in the ring. For my kids, I think I wanna do it, get in there as a storyline.
I’m almost gonna be 48. I’m in pretty good shape though, and athletic.
Any suggestions, any advice I need to know when I get in there? By the way, I grew up wrestling too!
I wanna wrestle Bad Bunny! I wanna bodyslam and suplex Bad Bunny!”
It’s safe to say that the WWE is always interested in bringing famous celebrities in for some cross-over action.
WATCH: Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville’s Revealing Photoshoot:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 2, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mr. Perfect vs. Doink – KOTR Qualifier (Superstars 5/1/93)
– Raymond Rougeau interviews Undertaker & Paul Bearer (Superstars 5/1/93)
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Reno Riggins & Billy Jones (Superstars 4/24/93)
– Mr. Hughes vs. Mark Ming (Challenge 5/2/93)
– Lex Luger vs. Bob Backlund – KOTR Qualifier (Challenge 5/2/93)
– El Matador vs. Louie Spiccoli (Superstars 4/24/93)