• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 25, 1995) – WWF King of the Ring 1995
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 25, 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘King of the Ring 1995’ LIVE on PPV from the CoreStates Spectrum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
This was the 3rd annual “King of the Ring” pay-per-view out of 10 that aired from 1993 till 2002.
Other King of the Ring tournaments that were held in 1985-1989, 1991, 2006, 2008, 2010 & 2015 happened either during House Shows or during weekly TV shows.
Here are the PPV results:
– Qualifying match: Savio Vega defeated Irwin R. Schyster
– Quarter-Final match: Savio Vega defeated Yokozuna via countout
– Quarter-Final match: The Roadie defeated Bob Holly
– Quarter-Final match: Kama wrestled Shawn Michaels to a time-limit draw
– Quarter-Final match: Mabel defeated The Undertaker
– Semi-Final match: Savio Vega defeated The Roadie
– Kiss my Foot: Bret Hart defeated Jerry Lawler
– Final match: Mabel defeated Savio Vega
– Bam Bam Bigelow & Diesel defeated Sycho Sid & Tatanka
• WWE Uses New Trick To Follow Their New Rule During RAW
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE no longer plans to have wrestling matches continue during commercial breaks on RAW & SmackDown.
This is the reason why WWE did 2 out of 3 falls matches on last week’s RAW & SmackDown (so they can have a fall and then go to commercial break).
WWE followed this new rule during this week’s RAW as well, but not with 2 out of 3 falls matches.
WWE restarted multiple matches on last night’s RAW so that there’s no wrestling during commercial breaks.
A fan sent the following information regarding last night’s RAW:
“R-Truth has had 3 matches tonight.
Alexa Bliss and Natalya have had 2 matches.
The Usos and The Revival had 2 matches.
Kofi Kingston had 2 matches and a beatdown.
Ricochet & AJ Styles’ match needed to be restarted after The Good Brothers were sent to the back, so two matches.”