• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 12, 1988) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Mayo Civic Center in Rochester, Minnesota and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Brutus The Barber Beefcake vs. Pete Sanchez
– Ted DiBiase vs. Brady Boone
– Sam Houston vs. Barry Horowitz
– Greg The Hammer Valentine vs. Louie Spicolli
– Strike Force vs. Terry Gibbs & Steve Lombardi
– Jake “The Snake” Roberts vs. Billy Anderson
– Dino Bravo vs. Scott Casey
• WWE Was Planning To Introduce A Major Tournament This Year
We noted earlier that Triple H revealed that WWE was planning to hold a Mae Young Classic tournament this year. It was later noted by the Wrestling Observer that WWE scrapped plans for the tournament due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Observer now reports that WWE never planned to bring back the Mae Young Classic this year. Instead, they were planning to hold the first ever “Queen Of The Ring” tournament, but that too has also been cancelled due to the pandemic:
“A couple of days ago, we were talking about the Mae Young Classic and coronavirus and everything like that.
I believe that the actual idea for this year was a Queen Of The Ring Tournament, so not a Mae Young Classic, but a Queen Of The Ring Tournament.
That is now off due to coronavirus. Had there not been a global pandemic I believe what you would have seen this Summer is the Queen Of The Ring Tournament.”
WATCH: Layla Shows Off Her Big Juggs: