• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (January 01, 1990) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Bad News Brown vs. Mark Young (12/13/89; Huntsville, AL; Von Braun Civic Center)
– WWF Update
– Hercules vs. John Justice (Wrestling Challenge – 12/12/89; Nashville, TN; Municipal Auditorium)
– Dino Bravo vs. Reno Riggins (WWF Superstars – 12/13/89; Huntsville, AL; Von Braun Civic Center)
– The Rockers vs. Pat Rose & Arvil Hutto (Wrestling Challenge – 12/12/89; Nashville, TN; Municipal Auditorium)
– WWF Event Center
– The Brooklyn Brawler vs. Al Perez *JIP* (11/25/89; Madison Square Garden)
– WWF Tag Team Title Match: Demolition vs. The Colossal Connection (WWF Superstars – 12/13/89; Huntsville, AL; Von Braun Civic Center)
– Brother Love Show: Jake Roberts Is His Guest
– Royal Rumble Report
– Rick Rude vs. Mario Mancini (WWF Superstars – 12/13/89; Huntsville, AL; Von Braun Civic Center)
– WWF Event Center
– The Hart Foundation vs. The Bolsheviks (12/13/89; Huntsville, AL; Von Braun Civic Center)
WATCH: Fan Kisses Roman Reigns At WWE Event:
• WWF Veteran Recalls Goldust Going Against The Script & Kissing Him
During a recent appearance on “Why It Ended” podcast, Old School WWF Veteran Ahmed Johnson talked about who helped him during his early run in the World Wrestling Federation, Goldust kissing him & more.
Below are the highlights:
On Triple H & Razor Ramon helping him in the WWF:
“One person that really helped me that I can say…Triple H helped me in the ring.
Razor Ramon helped me, too. He would watch my matches and when I got done, he would pull me to the side after most of my matches. He would pull me to the side and tell me what he’d seen that he liked, and what he didn’t like.
I had those two in my corner in the beginning, so, that was cool with me. Then Razor and them left, but in the beginning that’s the two guys I would give credit to.”
On Goldust going against the script & kissing him:
“We practiced this over & over, and Goldust was supposed to put his hand over his mouth. He was supposed to kiss his hand, but he wanted to pull a stunt because he knew it was live TV, and I couldn’t get up and move if he kissed me. So, he really kissed me, and I was so fired up.
I give Goldust his props too, man. He’s just a hell of a performer. He’s a hell of a performer and if you can’t get over with Goldust, you can’t get over. He’s one of the best in the business at getting you over.”
On the Nation Of Domination storyline:
“It kept drawing wherever we went, especially overseas. It was drawing big time, but I just think it went on just a tad bit too long.”