• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 24, 2000) – WWF Unforgiven 2000
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 24, 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Unforgiven 2000’ LIVE on PPV from the First Union Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The pay-per-view featured “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s WWF return after a long absence, trying to find out who ran him over with a car at the previous year’s Survivor Series.
Here are the results from that night:
– Right to Censor defeated The APA & The Dudley Boyz
– Strap match: Tazz defeated Jerry Lawler
– Steve Blackman won a Hardcore battle royal for the WWF Hardcore Championship
– Chris Jericho defeated X-Pac
– Steel Cage – WWF Tag Team Championship: The Hardy Boyz defeated Edge and Christian (c)
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Eddie Guerrero (c) defeated Rikishi via DQ
– NO DQ: Triple H defeated Kurt Angle
– 4-Way – WWF Championship: The Rock (c) defeated Chris Benoit, Kane and The Undertaker
• WWF Veteran’s Ex-Wife Passes Away, Wrestling World Reacts
Old School WWF Veteran X-Pac (Sean Waltman) noted on Twitter that his ex-wife Terry has passed away. She was dealing with mental illness and addiction.
Below is what X-Pac tweeted:
“I’m numb right now over the death of Terry, my wife of many years & the mother of my children. She lost her battle with Mental Illness & Addiction. She had 2 other children (7 & 12) that my kids had to break the news to a short time ago. My heart hurts for them so bad right now.”
I'm numb right now over the death of Terry, my wife of many years & the mother of my children. She lost her battle with Mental Illness & Addiction. She had 2 other children(7 &12)that my kids had to break the news to a short time ago. My heart hurts for them so bad right now.
— Sean Waltman (@TheRealXPac) September 23, 2018
Sean and Terry got married in 1994 and got divorced in 2002.
Below are tweets from wrestling personalities regarding this sad situation:
My heart goes out to you because of this terriblt sad scenario that’s occurred, Sean. Thinking about you & the kids.
— MATTHEW MOORE HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) September 24, 2018
Very sorry for your loss Sean. Praying for you and the kids
— Dustin Rhodes (@Goldust) September 24, 2018
Hang in there, Sean. Your family needs your strength. 🙏
— Jim Ross (@JRsBBQ) September 24, 2018
Stay strong for your kids they are gonna need it..Wish I could take away your pain my bro…If you feel like talking, please don't hesitate to call me…
— Konnan (@Konnan5150) September 24, 2018
I'm so sorry for your loss 😣
— Brian Heffron aka The Blue Meanie (@BlueMeanieBWO) September 24, 2018
My heart goes out to you sean sending you and your family all my thoughts and prayers ❤️
— Barbie Blank (@TheBarbieBlank) September 24, 2018
So sorry for your loss 🙏🏽
— Zelina Vega (@Zelina_VegaWWE) September 24, 2018
So sorry for your loss…
— Francine (@ECWDivaFrancine) September 24, 2018
Stay strong Sean! Very sorry for your loss 🙏
— TJ Wilson (@TJWilson) September 24, 2018
Thinking of you in this sad time Sean
— Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) September 24, 2018