Below are the top pro-wrestling (WWE & AEW) news stories of the day:
• AAA TripleMania Regia II Results – 2 Former WWE Wrestlers Return, Youngest Champion Crowned
At tonight’s AAA TripleMania Regia II, El Hijo del Vikingo won the vacant AAA Mega Championship (which was vacated by Kenny Omega recently).
El Hijo has made history by becoming the youngest AAA Mega Champion at the age of 24. Previous record was held by AEW wrestler Rey Fenix, who won it at the age of 27.
He’s also the shortest & lightest man to hold this Title, at 5-foot-6 and 160 lbs.
Also at this event, Taya Valkyrie (former WWE/NXT/Impact Wrestling star) and Cain Velasquez (former WWE/UFC star) made their return to AAA. Taya issued a challenge to AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Deonna Purrazzo, while Cain competed in a Trios Match.
Vickie Guerrero managed AEW tag team FTR at this event.
Below are the complete results:
– Las Toxicas (Lady Maravilla, La Hiedra, and Flammer) def. Faby Apache, Lady Shani, and Sexy Star II in a Lumberjacks with Straps match
– Nueva Generación Dinamita (El Cuatrero, Sansón, and Forastero) def. Los Vipers (Abismo Negro Jr., Arez, and Psicosis) and El Poder del Norte (Tito Santana, Carta Brava Jr., and Mocho Cota Jr.) to become the #1 contenders for the AAA World Trios Championship
– La Empresa (Puma King, Sam Adonis, and DMT Azul) (with Estrellita) def. Dave the Clown, Murder Clown, and Chessman
– La Facción Ingobernable (Dragon Lee and Dralístico) defeated Laredo Kid and Willie Mack
– FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) (c) (with Vickie Guerrero) def. AEW World Tag Team Champions Lucha Brothers in a Ladder Match to retain the AAA World Tag Team Championship
– Psycho Clown, Pagano, and Cain Velasquez def. L.A. Park and Los Mercenarios (Rey Escorpión and Taurus)
– El Hijo del Vikingo def. Samuray del Sol, Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish, and Bandido in a 5-Way Match to win the vacant AAA Mega Championship
WATCH: Charlotte Flair’s Knockers In Asuka’s Face:
• NWA Hard Times 2 Results – 2 Former WWE Wrestlers Debut
Below are the complete results from tonight’s NWA Hard Times 2 PPV:
– Matthew Mims (with Crimson) def. Jax Dane [Pre-Show]
– The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) (c) def. Kylie Rae & Tootie Lynn and Miss Kate & Natalia Markova to retain the NWA World Women’s Tag Team Championship [Pre-Show]
– Homicide def. Alex Taylor, Ariya Daivari, CW Anderson, Darius Lockhart, Jeremiah Plunkett, Jamie Stanley, Kerry Morton, Luke Hawx, PJ Hawx, Sal Rinauro, Victor Benjamin and Ricky Morton in a NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship qualifying gauntlet match [Pre-Show]
– Austin Aries def. Rhett Titus in a NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship qualifying match
– The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (c) def. Aron Stevens & JR Kratos to retain the ROH World Tag Team Championship
– Colby Corino def. Doug Williams
– Mickie James (c) def. Kiera Hogan to retain the Impact Knockouts Championship
– Tyrus (c) (with Austin Idol) def. Cyon in a No DQ Match with The Pope as Special Guest Referee to retain the NWA World Television Championship
– Chris Adonis (c) def. Judais (with Father James Mitchell) to retain the NWA National Championship
– La Rebelión (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf 450) (c) def. The End (Odinson & Parrow) to retain the NWA World Tag Team Championship [After the match, former WWE wrestler Fandango, now known as Dirty Dango, made his debut. Him and JTG are tag team partners and they want the NWA World Tag Team Titles]
– Nick Aldis def. Thom Latimer in a Grudge Match
– Kamille (c) def. Melina to retain the NWA World Women’s Championship
– Trevor Murdoch (c) def. Mike Knox to retain the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship [After the match, Matt Cardona (fka Zack Ryder in WWE) made his debut and laid out Murdoch and is coming for the NWA Worlds Title]
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon Shakes Her Knockers:
• “He’s proven that time and again” – Jim Ross On Paul Heyman Making Wrestlers Better
When someone becomes a “Paul Heyman Guy” on WWE programming, their stock immediately rises.
The same thing happened with current Universal Champion Roman Reigns last year.
He was already the #1 guy in the company, but after aligning with Heyman, he reached another level.
On his podcast, WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross praised Paul Heyman for helping wrestlers.
Here’s what he said:
“Heyman’s got a great eye for talent. He’s proven that time and again. He’s proving it now. He’s making Roman Reigns one of the biggest stars in WWE’s recent history.”
WATCH: Lita Shows Off Her Enormous Knockers:
• WWF Developmental Wrestler Passed Away 13 Years Ago Today At The Age Of 32
On this day in 2008, we lost former Old School WWF Developmental Wrestler Steve Bradley (Real name: Steven Bisson), who passed away at the very young age of 32.
He was found dead in a parking lot. His cause of death was not determined, autopsy results were inconclusive.
A month before his death, he was indicted on possession of heroin charges, but Police doesn’t believe any foul play was involved in his death.
Steve Bradley was signed to a World Wrestling Federation contract from 1998 till 2002, but didn’t make it to WWF TV in those years and only competed in dark matches and at House Shows.
During those years, he was sent to various official WWF developmental territories, such as Memphis Power Pro Wrestling, Ohio Valley Wrestling, Memphis Championship Wrestling and the Heartland Wrestling Association.
In 1999, Bradley trained with then upcoming superstar Kurt Angle, under the guidance of coach “Dr. of Desire” Tom Prichard.
When Angle was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2017, he mentioned Steve Bradley and thanked him for being an unsung hero.
† REST IN PEACE
December 10, 1975 – December 4, 2008
Also Read: Former Local WWF Announcer Passes Away
• The Undertaker Reveals What He Would’ve Done If He Hadn’t Become A Wrestler
During an interview with the Dallas Morning News, The Undertaker was asked what he would have done if hadn’t got into pro-wrestling in 1987.
Here’s what The Phenom said:
“It probably would have been the military. Like I said, I’ve always been one to really know what my strengths, my weaknesses, my capabilities are and aren’t.
I doubt if I would have had a very long run in European Pro Basketball, but I do see myself – if I had to join the armed forces I probably would have been a career guy.”
The Deadman is expected to get inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame in 2022.
WATCH: Torrie Wilson Taking A Shower:
• Bayley Says She’s Going To Post A Photo Of Her In Lingerie
Current WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Carmella recently reached 3 million followers on Instagram.
To celebrate this milestone, she posted a photo her in lingerie and wrote the following:
“3 MILLION followers???? What the!!! It blows my mind! I don’t even really know what to say to that…. I’m so grateful for each and every one of you. And I’ll just leave it at that! Thanks for creeping on me, yall. 💋 “
View this post on Instagram
Under this post, former Women’s Champion Bayley (who is currently out of action with an injury) wrote the following:
“You hit 3 mil before me?!!? That’s it!!! I’m posting a pic EXACTLY like this.”
Bayley is obviously playing her heel character here, as she doesn’t post revealing photos.
However, if she does, it’s safe to say it’ll break the internet!
Bayley has 2.9 million followers on Instagram right now.
WATCH: Bayley’s Big Buns Grabbed
• “For WWE, I think there was an overreaction when AEW started” – Former World Champion
Tony Khan started All Elite Wrestling in 2019 and they are the #2 pro-wrestling promotion in the United States.
AEW had a Wednesday Night War with WWE’s developmental brand, NXT, for a while, which they won.
When AEW first started, WWE started offering new, big money contracts to their wrestlers and began signing more indy wrestlers, in order to make sure they can keep as much wrestlers from signing with AEW as possible.
However, last year, WWE began releasing a lot of talent, even top stars, and a lot of them ended up joining Tony Khan’s promotion.
During an interview with TV Insider, current AEW wrestler Bryan Danielson (former WWE Champion Daniel Bryan) said that WWE overreacted when All Elite Wrestling came to existence 2.5 years ago.
Here’s what he said:
“For WWE, I think there was an overreaction when AEW started. Even when [indy wrestling] got real hot with Cody [Rhodes} and The Young Bucks. WWE felt they needed to sign up all the talent.
They realized, ‘our business is fine’. AEW is catching up. They’ve done incredible for a company that has been around for less than 3 years. WWE is still making a billion dollars, so they don’t need to hoard all these talent.”
WATCH: Revealing Videos Of Brie Bella’s (Daniel Bryan’s Wife) Top Being Taken Off:
• Backstage News On How Much Money Top WWE Stars Are Making
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE’s top stars get paid over a million dollars per year.
While Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar are the highest paid superstars in WWE today, where they make over $5 million per year, other top stars make around $2-3 million per year.
These are their guaranteed salaries, which means additional income from merch sales, etc aren’t included.
It was also reported that an un-named WWE Superstar is making $4 million per year.
These salary numbers are more than what WWE was offering their top stars a couple of years ago on an average.
In 2019, Braun Strowman was getting paid $1.2 million per year and Becky Lynch was on a $1 million per year contract. Strowman is no longer with the company, while Becky got a raise after she officially became the #1 female star in WWE at WrestleMania 35.
WATCH: Becky Lynch Exposed At Survivor Series 2021:
• “I’m an attraction. I’m Andre The Giant” – AEW Wrestler
During a recent interview on Busted Open Radio, AEW wrestler MJF talked about not wrestling on All Elite Wrestling shows every week.
MJF claimed everyone is already impressed with him and that he’s an attraction like the late, great Andre The Giant.
Here’s what he said:
“I only wrestle when it behoves me to wrestle. I find that a lot of guys on the AEW roster are wrestling because they feel they need to impress our fanbase. I don’t have to impress anybody, everybody is already impressed by me. You’re impressed by me the second my music hits.
There’s a reason that when my music hits, I get one of the loudest reactions, positive or negative, in all of wrestling. I don’t have to wrestle every single week to make people feel that way to get people excited about me.
I’m an attraction. I’m Andre The Giant.”
MJF is currently feuding with CM Punk.
WATCH: Lita Accidentally Exposes Herself:
• RAW Star’s New Gimmick Cancelled Because He Looked Too Similar To Randy Savage
RAW Superstar Elias’ musician gimmick is over. Earlier this year, WWE aired vignettes which showed Elias burning his Guitar.
WWE Officials have been working on Elias’ new character and they came up with a new look, but he reportedly looked too similar to “Macho Man” Randy Savage, so they nixed that character.
Here’s what Wrestlevotes reported:
“Interesting note on Elias, source states they had no end plan for graveyard vignettes. Just shot them to kill off the ‘music’ gimmick.
His initial rebranding weeks back looked to similar to Randy Savage w/ colorful trunks & beard so Vince & co didn’t like it. Back to square 1.”
Elias hasn’t been seen on WWE programming in months.
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon Forcefully Kissed: