• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (December 8, 1990) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the War Memorial in Rochester, New York and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Bushwhackers vs. Troy Durham & Tony Ulysses
2. Sgt. Slaughter vs. Sonny Blaze
3. Jake Roberts vs. Scott Colontonio
4. The Warlord vs. Glen Ruth
5. Big Bossman vs. Chris Duffy
6. Demolition vs. Scott Summer & Jim McPherson
7. Earthquake vs. Mike Daniel
• Another Reason Behind Why Male WWE Stars Can’t Physically Dominate Female WWE Stars
One of the main (and obvious) reasons why male WWE stars can’t physically dominate female WWE stars is that it would cause a public backlash towards WWE by today’s sensitive society (however, that wouldn’t be the case if it was the other way around).
Another reason behind this is that WWE made a deal with Mattel to not show any male over female physical dominance angle on their programming.
According to the Wrestling Observer, indy wrestler WALTER (who has reportedly signed with WWE for their NXT UK brand) recently competed in an intergender tag team match in an indy promotion and didn’t land any shots on his female opponent (his female opponent ducked all of his punches storyline wise) because WWE restricted him from doing so (despite him wrestling in another promotion).
The only way WWE allows male WWE stars somehow laying their hands (or perform a move) on female WWE stars is when it’s done by accident (like how Roman Reigns accidentally speared Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania 32).