• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (May 20, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Bushwhackers vs. Mark Mead & The Brooklyn Brawler
– The Barbarian vs. Ray Majori
– Tugboat vs. Bob Bradley
– Akeem vs. Scrub
– The Big Boss Man Interview
– The Orient Express vs. Bobby Perez & Jim Brunzell
– Vacant Intercontinental Title Match: Tito Santana vs. Mr. Perfect
• Backstage News On What WWE’s Newest Championship Could Be
During last night’s Money In The Bank 2019 PPV, WWE announced that WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley will appear on tonight’s RAW to introduce a new Championship in WWE.
While very less people backstage in WWE know about this Title (with wrestlers having absolutely no idea yesterday when this announcement was made), Wrestling Observer is reporting that there have been talks that it could either be a Hardcore Championship or a Legends Championship.
If it is a Hardcore Championship, then it’ll be interesting to see how much ‘extreme’ they can go on a regular basis with a PG rating. On the other hand, if it’s a Legends Championship, then it might have something to do with next month’s mega match – The Undertaker vs. Goldberg.
Speaking of The Undertaker vs. Goldberg, below is the official promo for this Dream Match at WWE Super ShowDown 2019:
— WWE (@WWE) May 20, 2019