• Banned Words For Mickie James’ Royal Rumble 2022 Return Revealed
IMPACT Wrestling’s Knockouts World Champion Mickie James returned to WWE for one night only, by entering the Women’s Royal Rumble 2022 match.
She came out with her IMPACT Title belt, with her IMPACT theme song and performed in the match for over 10 minutes.
She eliminated Michelle McCool from the match, but got eliminated by WWE Hall Of Famer Lita.
According to Will Washington of the Fightful Grapsody podcast, WWE gave specific instructions to their crew to not do specific things while referring to Mickie in the match:
“I talked to someone in WWE about the Mickie stuff, and I was like it was really cool that they did all that, but they were like, ‘yeah but there were caveats to literally everything that we had to do with Mickie James’.
The first thing was, ‘we were allowed to say IMPACT, but at no point were we allowed to say IMPACT Wrestling, it was a really important distinction; IMPACT Wrestling cannot be said, IMPACT Wrestling cannot be tagged on social media, you are not to say IMPACT Wrestling, solely IMPACT’.
The name of the company is IMPACT Wrestling, but it’s one of those ‘we (WWE) don’t say wrestling’, you don’t say wrestling, this company is not called IMPACT Wrestling.
The other thing was, ‘we were told we do not use the term Knockout, we do not use the term World, even though the belt is called the IMPACT Knockouts World Championship, we do not use either of those words, and we were specifically told to refer to this belt as the IMPACT Women’s Championship’ despite the fact that that is not what it is called.
So it wasn’t just free range that IMPACT gets this publicity, but that there was this specific nomenclature used.”
WATCH: Mickie James Grabs Trish Stratus’ Knockers:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (February 8, 2009) – TNA Against All Odds 2009
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 8, 2009, Total Nonstop Action aired ‘TNA Against All Odds 2009’ LIVE on PPV from the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida.
This was the 5th edition of the annual TNA Against All Odds pay-per-views that aired between 2005 and 2012.
It later became a TV special in 2019 & 2021.
Here are the results:
– TNA X Division Championship: Alex Shelley (c) defeated Eric Young
– Scott Steiner defeated Petey Williams
– Brutus Magnus (Nick Aldis) defeated Chris Sabin
– TNA Knockouts Championship: Awesome Kong (c) defeated ODB
– TNA Legends Championship: Booker T (c) defeated Shane Sewell
– Abyss defeated Matt Morgan
– TNA World Tag Team Championship: Beer Money Inc. (c) defeated Lethal Consequences
– Fatal 4-Way – TNA World Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) defeated Brother Devon, Brother Ray and Kurt Angle