• Big E Reveals How Ridge Holland Apologized For Breaking His Neck
On an episode of SmackDown in March, Ridge Holland hit Big E with a Belly-To-Belly Overhead Suplex outside the ring and Big E landed on his head.
This resulted in Big E breaking his neck and missing WrestleMania 38. You can watch it below:
Holland was reportedly very apologetic backstage and doesn’t have any heat.
During an interview with ESPN, Big E revealed that Ridge came to meet him in the Hospital and brought a big package of red meat as an apology.
Big E said he appreciated the gift, but he doesn’t eat it, so he gave it to a friend, who had ‘many nights of great feasts’ with his family.
The New Day member also said that he doesn’t have any issue with Ridge over what happened:
“I have no issue whatsoever with Ridge. He’s reached out and said some very kind things.
What we do is dangerous, and there are inherent dangers. And to that degree, we all kind of know what we sign up for, and it was unfortunate that it went down that way.
But I’m not dead. I’m alive. I’m doing well.”
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (July 15, 2004) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2004’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Rey Mysterio & Spike Dudley vs. Chavo Guerrero jr. & Jamie Noble
2. Paul London vs. D-Von Dudley
3. Handicap Match: John Cena vs. Booker T, Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree
4. WWE Heavyweight Title – Cage Match: JBL vs. Eddie Guerrero