• Big Increase In PPV Viewership For WWE Since Move To Peacock
The WWE Network was made available on the Peacock streaming service this year, which has 50 million subscribers.
WWE signed a 5-year deal for $1 billion to have their Network available on Peacock in the United States.
With this deal, there was hope that it will result in a lot more people checking out WWE’s content, as the WWE Network on its own only had about 1.5 million subscribers.
During today’s WWE earnings call, WWE President Nick Khan revealed that PPV viewership has increased for them since the move to Peacock.
Here are some stats about the increase in viewership for PPVs:
– Backlash viewership up by 26% compared to last year
– Hell In A Cell viewership up by 25% compared to last year
– Money In The Bank viewership up by 46% compared to last year
WATCH: Sasha Banks Holding Her Knockers:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (July 29, 2004) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE SummerSlam 2004’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. WWE Cruiserweight Title: Spike Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio
2. Paul London & Billy Kidman vs. The Dudley Boyz
3. US Title – Battle Royal