WWE News

BREAKING NEWS: A WWE Employee Tested Positive For COVID-19

WWE World Wrestling Entertainment Logo

• ON THIS DAY IN ECW HISTORY (April 11, 1995) – ECW Hardcore TV

On this day in 1995, Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘ECW Hardcore TV’.

You can find the card below:

– Promo By Tod Gordon Suspending Sabu Indefinitely

– Interview w/ Chris Benoit From The Three Way Dance

– Too Cold Scorpio vs. Eddy Guerrero (ECW Television Title Match)

– Promo By Cactus Jack

– Highlights Of Terry Funk Burning Cactus Jack With A Flaming Branding Iron

– Promo By Terry Funk

– Shane Douglas vs. The Sandman

– Promo By The Sandman

– Promo By Shane Douglas & Woman

– Highlights Of Dean Malenko/Chris Benoit vs. The Public Enemy vs. Taz/Rick Steiner (ECW Tag Team Title Match From Three Way Dance)

• BREAKING NEWS: A WWE Employee Tested Positive For COVID-19

Fightful is reporting that a WWE employee got tested positive for COVID-19 and WWE wrestlers have been informed about it.

Fightful redacted the name of the employee in their report. WWE sent the following memo to their wrestlers (signed off by Triple H):

“We have just been notified that (name redacted) was diagnosed with COVID-19. WWE doctors spoke with (redacted) this morning and reported (they) last had contact with anyone at WWE on March 26 at the Performance Center. As you know, (redacted) is not an in-ring performer and we believe this matter is low-risk to you per the following chronology:

Those of you who were potentially exposed would be cleared for travel by the evening of Thursday, April 9 at the latest, since the last possible exposure to any WWE talent personnel should have been at least 14 days prior.”

WWE issued the following statement regarding this story:

“A WWE employee has tested positive for COVID-19. We believe this matter is low risk to WWE talent and staff, as the individual and a roommate became symptomatic in the days following exposure to two people working in acute health care on the evening of March 26, after WWE’s TV production on a closed set was already complete.

The employee had no contact with anyone from WWE since being exposed to those two individuals, is doing well, and made a complete recovery.”

Also Read: Reason Behind WWE Going Back To Doing Live Shows Starting Next Week

WATCH: Samoa Joe Ends Tyson Kidd’s Career With A MuscleBuster:

To Top