• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 3, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Alabama and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. X-Pac vs. Scotty 2 Hotty
2. Rikishi & Eddie Guerrero vs. Val Venis & Tazz
3. Matt Hardy vs. Edge
4. The Rock & Kane vs. Big Show & Chris Benoit
5. Steve Blackman vs. Perry Saturn
6. Bull Buchanan & The Godfather vs. The Acolytes
7. Road Dogg vs. Grandmaster Sexay
8. No DQ: Triple H, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley & Kurt Angle vs. Dudley Boyz & Lita
• BREAKING NEWS: The Rock Buys XFL With RedBird Capital As Partner For $15 Million
WWE CEO Vince McMahon filed for the bankruptcy of the returning XFL on April 13, after the Coronavirus pandemic started giving it big blows due to the absence of fans.
In a surprising turn of events, Old School WWF Legend Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has bought the bankrupt league with Gerry Cardinale’s RedBird Capital. This happened just hours before a planned auction was scheduled to take place.
They paid $15 million, splitting it equally.
The Rock’s business partner, Dany Garcia, who is also his ex-wife, will be a shareholder in the league as well.
UPDATE: The Rock Comments On Buying The XFL
WATCH: The Rock & Kurt Angle’s Hilarious WWF House Show Moment:
ALSO WATCH: Former WWF Diva Sunny Shows Off Her Bare Buns:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to read all the latest WWE & AEW news in one place. Tap here to download.