• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 15, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Syracuse War Memorial in Syracuse, New York and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Demolition vs. Chris Duffy & Scott Williams
– Dino Bravo vs. Jim Long
– The Big Bossman vs. Conquistador #1
– Mr. Perfect vs. Tony Ulysses
– Jake The Snake Roberts vs. Joe Champ
– Jimmy Hart/Earthquake Interview
– The Warlord vs. Mitch Ranger
– The Bushwhackers vs. Paul Perez & Bob Bradley
• BREAKING NEWS: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers
As we noted earlier, WWE CEO Vince McMahon revealed during a conference call that there will be major cuts across the board.
WWE is taking a financial hit during the current coronavirus pandemic and Vince noted that they’ll be making some hard decisions.
Not only are wrestlers going to be released, Board Members and Executives of the company will have a pay cut.
WWE’s plan to move their HQ to a new building has also been delayed. Some employees and wrestlers will be let go permanently, while some employees will be furloughed.
Vince noted that up to 40% WWE employees are going to lose their jobs.
In an update to this, WWE has released the following 6 wrestlers:
– Luke Gallows
– Karl Anderson
– Drake Maverick
– Curt Hawkins
– Lio Rush
WATCH: If You Don’t Miss Eva Marie, You Will After Watching This: