• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 15, 2002) – WWF Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from the Reed Arena in College Station, Texas and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Backlash 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. WWF Hardcore Title: Raven vs. Bubba Ray Dudley
2. Big Show vs. Shawn Stasiak
3. Jacqueline vs. Crash
4. Eddie Guerrero & William Regal vs. RVD & Spike Dudley
5. Trish Stratus vs. Molly Holly
6. Booker T & Goldust vs. Hardy Boyz
7. Stone Cold Steve Austin & Bradshaw vs. The Undertaker, Scott Hall & X-Pac
• BREAKING: Vince McMahon Says Up To 40% Of WWE Employees Are About To Lose Their Jobs
During a conference call with WWE employees today, WWE CEO Vince McMahon revealed that there will be major cuts across the board.
WWE is taking a financial hit during the current coronavirus pandemic and Vince noted that they’ll be making some hard decisions.
Not only are wrestlers going to be released, Board Members and Executives of the company will have a pay cut.
WWE’s plan to move their HQ to a new building has also been delayed. Some employees and wrestlers will be let go permanently, while some employees will be furloughed.
Vince noted that up to 40% WWE employees are going to lose their jobs.
Update: WWE Releases 6 Wrestlers
WATCH: Natalya Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction: