• Charlotte Flair Made A Unique Request To WWE Prior To WrestleMania 37
According to the Dirty Sheets patreon page, Charlotte Flair made a unique request to WWE prior to WrestleMania 37.
Charlotte asked WWE officials to freeze her contract for 12 months, so that she can be off WWE TV and then work a light wrestling schedule in Mexico & Japan to raise the profile of women’s wrestling.
WWE obviously rejected her request, as they won’t keep one of their top stars off TV for a year (for no good reason) and then allow her to work for other promotions.
This request was similar to the one that Daniel Bryan made to WWE, where he wanted to work select Indy & Japan shows while being under contract with WWE (although he didn’t ask for a year off), which was also turned down.
WATCH: Charlotte Flair Accidentally Exposed On RAW (April 2021):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 13, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Center in Omaha, Nebraska and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. The Ultimate Warrior vs. Al Burke
2. Bad News Brown vs. Tom Stock
3. Brutus Beefcake vs. Tony Leone
4. The Twin Towers vs. Jim Merkel & Kevin Michaelson
5. King’s Crown Match: Jim Duggan vs. King Haku
6. Tito Santana vs. Barry Horowitz