• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 27, 1985) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped from the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA The Great American Bash 1985’ event.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Ole & Arn Anderson vs. Gerald Findlay & Italian Stallion
– Manny Fernandez vs. Doug Vines
– Bob Roop vs. The Golden Terror
– Tully Blanchard vs. Lee Ramsey
– Ron Garvin vs. George South
– Magnum T.A. vs. Scott Irwin
– Ivan & Nikita Koloff vs. Paul Garner & Mike Jackson
– Thunderbolt Patterson vs. Randy Barber
– Pez Whatley vs. Vernon Deaton
– Ron Bass vs. Rocky King
– Billy Graham, The Barbarian & Abdullah The Butcher vs. Mike Simani, Gene Ligon & Ron Rossi
WATCH: Sasha Banks Gets The Finger Down There On RAW:
• Chris Jericho Reveals If He Plans On Doing An MMA Fight
During a recent interview with Cheddar, Old School WWF Legend & All Elite Wrestling Superstar Chris Jericho talked about women main eventing WrestleMania, him signing with AEW & more.
Below are the highlights:
On signing with All Elite Wrestling:
“It was just the right move for me knowing that I would be doing something that I had never done before, which was starting a company from scratch.
It’s something that I think people and wrestling fans have been waiting for because it’s been a long time with just the WWE.”
On if he plans on doing an MMA fight:
“No, it’s funny though, I have been doing MMA training to get ready for our big show, Double Or Nothing May 25 in Vegas. It’s so cool to do a different type of training and when I’m in there I feel like I’m going to fight Conor McGregor, ‘I can do this.’
Obviously, you can’t. But just to be in there and do something different, it’s a lot of fun. Cause you’re kicking and you’re punch, elbow, punch elbow. Get the tackle dummy, beat the tackle dummy up. So, it’s fun to do it when you’re practicing, but to do it in real life, I’d probably take one punch and start crying. Maybe. But the concept of it is – invigorating is the word I use.”
On women main eventing WrestleMania 35:
“I think the fact that you had the first-ever women’s main event in the league is just basically the way things are now for the sport of wrestling as they should be.
If you go back 10 years ago, women were wrestling in bra and panties matches and water gun fights, which is fine too, but this brings a much more serious slant to it as well.”