• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 16, 1997) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1997, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from Lake Placid, New York and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Owen Hart & Davey Boy Smith vs. The New Blackjacks
2. Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Phinneas Godwinn
3. Chris Candido vs. Brian Christopher
4. Goldust vs. Jim Neidhart
5. Steve Austin vs. Brian Pillman
6. Tommy Rogers vs. Bobby Fulton
7. The Headbangers vs. Jerry Lawler & Rob Van Dam
8. Faarooq & Kama Mustafa vs. The Undertaker & Ahmed Johnson
• Chris Jericho Takes A Shot At Names Of NXT Wrestlers
Former AEW World Champion Chris Jericho likes to take shots at AEW’s main rival brand, NXT, from time to time.
This time, he targeted the names the black and gold brand allots to its talent.
During a Q/A on his YouTube channel, Le Champion said that NXT wrestlers have ridiculous soap opera names:
“I always have a tendency to call him Juice. I think of Orange Cassidy and Juice Robinson, I get them mixed up. So I say Juice Cassidy and Orange Robinson, or Orange Juice and Robinson Cassidy. That would be a great name for an NXT guy. They’ve got those ridiculous soap opera names.”
WATCH: AJ Lee Teases Fans With Her Hot A$$: