• Cody Rhodes Is A Free Agent
According to Fightful Select, current TNT Champion Cody Rhodes’ contract with AEW expired last year and he hasn’t signed a new deal yet:
“Cody Rhodes is technically a free agent. Cody’s contract expired at the end of 2021, and he’s been working in All Elite Wrestling without a contract ever since.
Based on sources we followed up with in AEW this morning, we’re told that some have known about this over the past several weeks.”
With that being said, fans have begun speculating that Cody could appear in the Men’s Royal Rumble 2022 match on January 29, since WWE has opened the Forbidden Door.
Speaking of Cody, WWE Hall Of Famer Diamond Dallas Page recently said on Vince Russo’s podcast that Cody would be monster money in WWE now:
“The third guy I bring in is Cody Rhodes, who can talk as good or better than anybody in the business and I think he would be monster money there now. He proved what he had to prove. He did it in a big way, and it would be brilliant of them to sign MJF, Britt (Baker), and him.”
WATCH: Revealing Shots Of Brandi Rhodes (Cody Rhodes’ Wife):
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 17, 1999) – WCW Souled Out 1999
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 17, 1999, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired their annual ‘WCW Souled Out’ event LIVE on PPV from the Charleston Civic Center in Charleston, West Virginia.
The main event saw Bill Goldberg getting his revenge when he wrestled the name who helped in ending his streak, Scott Hall, in a stun-gun ladder match.
Here are the results:
– Chris Benoit defeated Mike Enos
– Norman Smiley defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr.
– Fit Finlay defeated Van Hammer
– Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Wrath
– Lex Luger defeated Konnan
– “Loser must wear a dress”: Chris Jericho defeated Perry Saturn
– 4-Way – WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Billy Kidman (c) defeated Rey Misterio Jr., Juventud Guerrera and Psychosis
– Ric Flair & David Flair defeated Curt Hennig and Barry Windham
– Stun Gun Ladder match: Goldberg defeated Scott Hall