• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 7, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Cobb County Civic Center in Marietta, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
- Elvira/Sid Vicious Halloween Havoc Commercial
- Stan Lane vs. Terry Taylor
- JW Storm vs. Keith Hart
- Nasty Boys/Steiner Brothers Contract Signing for Halloween Havoc
- Interviews w/Nasty Boys/Steiner’s/Pillman & Iron Eagle/Sid Vicious
- Nasty Boys vs. Dave Johnson & Brian Carr
- Danger Zone w/Ric Flair & Arn Anderson
- Stan Hansen vs. Allen Reynolds
- Tag Champs Doom vs. Gil Canatella & Chris Hamrick
- Brian Pillman & Allen Iron Eagle vs. Freebirds (Renegade Warriors come down after)
- Sid/Sting Contract Signing for Halloween Havoc
• Conor McGregor Breaks Silence After UFC 229 Loss – Wants A Rematch
“The Notorious” Conor McGregor officially issued his first statement after last night’s submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 on Twitter.
McGregor is looking for a rematch with the undefeated UFC Lightweight Champion:
Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 7, 2018
Speaking of the post-fight brawl at UFC 229, we noted earlier that UFC President Dana White confirmed on FOX that all 3 members of Khabib’s team that attacked McGregor have been arrested.
In an update to this situation, McGregor has refused to press charges over this incident and Khabib’s teammates have been released by police.
Dana White says Conor McGregor has REFUSED to press charges over tonight's incident. The 3 people arrested on Khabib's side have been released by police.
— Mike Bohn (@MikeBohnMMA) October 7, 2018
UFC Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov (whose MMA record is now at 27-0) appeared on the UFC 229 post-fight press conference and issued a statement regarding him attacking Conor McGregor’s jiu-jitsu coach Dillon Danis.
Below is what Khabib said:
“This is not my best side, I am human being and I don’t understand how people can talk about how I jumped out of the cage, what about he talked about my religion, he talked about my country, he talked about my father. He come to Brooklyn and he broke bus and almost killed a couple people, what about this sh*t.
Why are people talking about me jumping out of the cage, why are people still talking about this?
Media changed MMA, This is respect sport, this is not trash-talking sport, I told you before I want to change this game. I don’t want people to talk shit about opponents. talk shit about his father, his religion, this for me is very important.”