On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 24, 2000, WCW Monday Nitro aired from the Convocation Center in Cleveland, Ohio. During the main event of the show, Booker T defeated Goldberg to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
Also on the show, WCW United States Champion Lance Storm defeated Big Vito to win the WCW Hardcore Championship. Below are the results from the show:
– “Title For Title” Match: WCW US Champion Lance Storm (c) def. WCW Hardcore Champion Big Vito (c) to win the Hardcore Title.
– Lt. Loco & Major Gunns def. David Flair & Miss Hancock
– Brian Adams & Bryan Clark vs. Jeff Jarrett ended in a No Contest.
– The Great Muta vs Vampiro ended in a No Contest.
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Goldberg def. Booker T (c). Match got restarted later in
the main event.
– Mike Awesome def. Shane Douglas
– 4-Way Tag “Caged Heat” Match: Chuck Palumbo, Corporal Cajun, General Rection, Mark Jindrak, Sean O’Haire & Shawn Stasiak def. Juventud Guerrera & Rey Misterio, Jr.
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Booker T (c) def. Goldberg to retain the Title.
Many fans falsely claim that Booker T defeated Goldberg “clean” here (just because the match had the stipulation of “Anything Goes”). But it was anything but a clean victory as Jeff Jarrett attacked Goldberg with a steel chair and then Ernest Miller attacked him as well. Only that way Booker T was able to win this match.
You can watch Booker T defeating Goldberg below: