• “Don’t ever do that again. She is a woman” – Vince McMahon To Kurt Angle After Match With Chyna
On an episode of ‘The Kurt Angle Show’, which is a new weekly podcast hosted by Kurt Angle & Conrad Thompson, Kurt told a story of when he punched Chyna in the face a few times to cover up for a botched spot, and got heat from WWF Chairman Vince McMahon.
Here’s what Angle said about the incident that took place during the famous Attitude Era:
“I was okay with working with Chyna. She was actually very good in the ring, and she knew the basics. She was very basic but very, very effective. I enjoyed working with her.
The issue I had when I was wrestling her is, you know, Vince didn’t want anybody to punch her. And we were wrestling. Even though it was a quick match, I kind of messed up on a spot. To fill the messed up spot, I started punching her in the face. I punched her about four times to cover up the spot, and then we continued on.
When I got backstage, Vince was like, ‘What the hell are you doing punching a woman?’ I said I didn’t know, you know, I messed up on a spot, and I had to cover it. He was like, ‘Don’t ever do that again. She is a woman.’
I said, ‘Then why is she wrestling the guys? I don’t understand that.’ He said, ‘Well, she is a woman, you have to protect her.’ And I did, you know, when I hit her with the title, I didn’t want to mess up her face. I blocked it with my hand instead of hitting her with the title and just tried to protect her the whole time.”
WATCH: Revealing Video Of WWF Diva Chyna:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN NWA HISTORY (March 14, 1987) – NWA PRO Wrestling
On this day in 1987, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA PRO Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring the 1987 NWA Wrestling Superstars.
The card can be found below:
– Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson & Lex Luger vs. Keith Anderson, Colt Steele & The Italian Stallion
– Wahoo McDaniel & Baron Von Raschke vs. The Thunderfoots
– Rock n Roll Express vs. Larry Stevens & Tommy Angel
– Rick Rude & Manny Fernandez vs. The Mulkeys
– The Garvins vs. Gary Royal & Johnny Ace
– Midnight Express vs. Brodie Chase & Mitch Snow