• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 20, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. British Bulldogs vs. Barry O & Steve Lombardi
2. Brutus Beefcake vs. Ron Dee
3. Hart Foundation vs. S.D. Jones & Mario Mancini
4. Don Muraco vs. Sal G
5. Piper’s Pit w/ Jesse Ventura
6. JYD & Tito Santana vs. R.D. Reynolds & Mr. X
• Drake Maverick Teases Appearing On Tonight’s RAW
Former WWE 24/7 Champion, Drake Maverick, was one of the wrestlers released by WWE last week. Maverick was very affected by the company’s decision, and shared a heartfelt message about his release on Twitter.
Fans have been behind him, and want WWE to give him a chance. Although he has been released, he’s still competing in NXT’s tournament to crown an Interim Cruiserweight Champion.
Earlier, we noted that a released wrestler could show up on tonight’s RAW. With the ongoing speculation of WWE rehiring a wrestler, Drake Maverick sent out a tweet which could mean that he’s going to appear on RAW tonight.
— Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) April 20, 2020
If you don’t know, 7:30 PM is the time RAW is on air in several states.
WATCH: Renee Michelle (Drake Maverick’s Wife) Featured In A Non-PG Video: