WWE News

Dustin Rhodes Reveals How WWE Saved His Life

Goldust AEW Dustin Rhodes

• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (June 2, 1990) – NWA World Wide Wrestling

On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Wide Wrestling’.

This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the “WCW The Great American Bash 1990” PPV.

The card can be found below:

Green Shadow & Pat Rose vs. Rock ‘n’ Roll Express

Lee Scott vs. Arn Anderson

Barry Horowitz vs. Brian Pillman

Tim Parker vs. Mean Mark

Joe Cazana & Rick Fargo vs. Steiner Brothers

Robbie Idol vs. Stan Hansen

• Dustin Rhodes Reveals How WWE Saved His Life

During a recent appearance on AEW Unrestricted podcast, Old School WWF Veteran & current AEW Superstar Dustin Rhodes talked about his past with drugs and how WWE saved his life.

Below is what Dustin said:

“I was very bad into drugs and alcohol for a good chunk of 4 or 5 years. It got really terribly bad. I did not care about life. I did not care about my daughter. I did not care about anything except drinking and taking pills and doing cocaine. That’s all I cared about and it got really bad.

I had a three day binge and I could not snap out of it. It scared me. That was my rock bottom. The third day happens and it’s 4 in the morning. A lot of things are going on in my body. At that point I had lost everything because I pawned everything. I lived in a little garage that was connected to somebody’s house that I was renting. I had nothing except clothes and a few things. No cell services.

Dad gave me one of his cell phones. If I needed cell service, I had to crawl up the hill. It is pouring down rain. It is 4 in the morning. My wife is there now with me through all this. She helps me crawl out. I am so sh*t faced. I crawl up the hill and call my Dad. I tell him that I need help.

WWE has the Wellness Program. They got me in the next day. I loaded up on drugs and alcohol going into rehab. I get out of rehab 30 days later and I never turned back.

It’s almost 12 years and from that day I got out of rehab, Dad would call me every day to make sure I was working my program. Every phone call would end with him saying he is proud of me.”

To Top