• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 27, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. JYD & Tito Santana vs. Mr. X & Charlie Fulton
2. Brutus Beefcake vs. Jim Young
3. Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs. Bob Wade & Moondog Spot
4. Don Muraco vs. Sal Bellomo
5. Piper’s Pit w/ Bobby Heenan
6. David Sammartino vs. Steve Lombardi
7. Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff & George Steele vs. Tony Garea, Jose Luis Rivera & Ron Dee
• Former WWE Intercontinental Champion Could Be Headed To AEW
After his release from WWE, Zack Ryder has become Matt Cardona. He’s ready for his new journey, and he’s looking forward to doing a lot of things he couldn’t do in the WWE.
As we reported previously, Cardona filed a trademark for the phrase “Internet Champion”.
Interestingly, he registered it through Michael Dockins, the same attorney who has registered a lot of AEW trademarks. He also registered trademarks for Arn Anderson and Cody Rhodes.
Formerly known as The Revival, Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood of Fear The Revolt also went to Dockins to file their trademarks.
This is considering to be a very strong indication that both Ryder & The Revival could be headed to AEW soon.
WATCH: WWE’s New Super Hot Diva – Scarlett Bordeaux: