• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 14, 1990) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mr. Perfect vs. Jim Brunzell
– WWF Update
– The Genius vs. Dale Wolfe
– Hercules/Paul Roma vs. Buddy Rose/Ken Johnson
– Intercontinental Title Tournament Match: Roddy Piper vs. Rick Martel
– WWF Event Center
– A Vignette On Rick Rude Training
– The Bushwhackers vs. The Brooklyn Brawler/Mark Ming
– Earthquake vs. Jerry Monti
– Intercontinental Title Tournament Match: Brutus Beefcake vs. Dino Bravo
– WWF Event Center
– Brother Love Show: Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire Are His Guests
– Ted DiBiase vs. Shawn Michaels
• Former WWE Wrestler Reveals How John Cena Stole A Storyline He Pitched
Former WWE wrestler Tyler Reks was a recent guest on The Lewis Nicholls Show, where he discussed his real life beef with John Cena.
He accused Cena of stealing storyline pitches:
“We went to talk with him and John [Cena] had a great conversation with us. He’s like, ‘this is a killer idea, man. Can you put this on DVD? Go to [Brooklyn] Brawler right now in the promo room. Can you put this on a DVD?’
So we go to the promo room and we cut a few promos and outline what we wanted to do. We get it all done in a night. [Cena] is like ‘do you have the DVD?’ He takes the DVD and he goes, ‘I’m on the jet with Vince tonight and we’re gonna talk about it.’ We go ‘awesome!’
The next week we see John at TV and ask how did it go and he said, ‘it went pretty good let’s see what happens.’ Okay, cool.’ Guess who got fired the next week on RAW? It was Miz and Truth.
We looked at it and we were like ‘this is a lot like what we just pitched.’ We went to John and said ‘this is a lot like what we just put on a DVD. Did we just get screwed?’ He said, ‘Naw, naw, naw, naw this is something totally different.’ Okay so this looks like the storyline that we just pitched that nobody’s ever done so it’s not gonna be as cool when we do it.
The next week that storyline progressed and it was basically what we pitched, but with Miz & Truth with John as the guy they jump at the end. We had a term that we used ‘Being Burchilled’ because Paul Burchill would pitch stuff all the time and creative would take it and use it for someone else.
At one point we just asked Cena ‘are we being Burchilled?’ and he’s like, ‘yeah, you did.’ Blatantly telling us that he stole our stuff and used it and left us at the bottom.”
In the end, he said that he sees things differently now, and doesn’t hold any grudge against Cena.
WATCH: Check Out The Revealing Photos That WWE Hall Of Famer Sunny Sends To Fans In Exchange For Money: