• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 27, 2013) – WWE Royal Rumble 2013
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 27, 2013, World Wrestling Entertainment aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
The winner of the Royal Rumble match earned the right to challenge either the WWE Champion or the World Heavyweight Champion for the title in the main event of WrestleMania 29.
Below are the results:
– Last Man Standing – World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) defeated The Big Show
– WWE Tag Team Championship: Team Hell No (c) defeated Team Rhodes Scholars
– John Cena won the 30-man Royal Rumble match
– WWE Championship: The Rock defeated CM Punk (c)
• Former WWF Writer On What Could’ve Led To Ahmed Johnson’s Push Ending
During a recent appearance on Off The SKript podcast, former WWF writer Vince Russo gave his opinion on why Ahmed Johnson’s push came to an end in the WWF.
Here’s what Russo said:
“Bro, all it could take is him hurting a top guy in the ring. You know what I’m saying, bro, and when you say he was in and out… because, bro, when they’re laying out this match [Royal Rumble 1998], who’s the worker?
How are we gonna get the best match? Who’s not gonna be in the way and F this thing up? That’s how Pat Patterson is really laying out this match. But, bro, like I said, it could be as simple as a top guy getting hurt by him, that top guy going to Vince. Bro, I’m telling you, stuff like that is all it takes.”
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Layla Shakes Her Knockers:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.