• “He was capable of bringing great harm to the company’s reputation” – Former WCW Official On Scott Steiner
During a recent edition of 83 Weeks podcast, former WCW President Eric Bischoff talked about Scott Steiner’s reign as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion during the last few months of the company’s existence.
Here’s what Bischoff said:
“It worked for me. I liked Scott at the time, I liked what he could do in the ring and his in-ring abilities were nothing short of amazing. His larger-than-life persona was hard to compare anybody to.
The challenges I had with Scott were his consistency and personality. He was volatile in and out of the ring. He was capable of doing things outside the ring that could’ve brought great harm to the company’s reputation. That part was dangerous as your World Champion.
It was dangerous for anyone on television, but as your World Champion, even more so. I liked it creatively, but from a business perspective, it was not without risk.”
WATCH: Sara (Undertaker’s Ex-Wife) In Bikini – Part 4:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (December 23, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW WrestleWar 1991’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Sid Vicious vs. Johnny Reeves
– Big Cat vs. James McKinnon
– Starrcade Recap
– Tom Zenk vs. Bobby Eaton
– Big Van Vader vs. Paul Lee & Barry Deville
– Terry Taylor vs. Michael Wallstreet
– Brian Pillman vs. Rob Morgan