• How Was Aleister Black Able To Make His AEW Debut Just A Month After His WWE Release?
Aleister Black was released from WWE in June and he made his All Elite Wrestling debut during tonight’s AEW Road Rager special.
According to PWInsider, Black had a 30-day non-compete clause instead of the usual 90-day non-compete clause, because WWE didn’t change his contract when they brought him up to the main roster from NXT (NXT wrestlers usually have a 30-day non-compete clause).
This resulted in Black being free to join whichever company if wanted just after 30 days of his release:
“So, what can only be described as a bad clerical error allowed him to be free and clear in time for the first episode of AEW Dynamite on the road and surprise everyone.”
His new name is Malakai Black, and he took out Arn Anderson & Cody Rhodes with Black Mass on tonight’s show.
You can watch it below:
HOLY S**T … Malakai Black ( @TommyEnd) has arrived in @AEW!
Tune into #AEWDynamite NOW on @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/CgU959OPkI
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) July 8, 2021
Also Check Out: Chris Jericho Punched A Fan Who Tried To Enter The Ring At Tonight’s AEW Road Rager (Video)
WATCH: Zelina Vega Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction On SmackDown:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 7, 1990) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Broome County Arena in Binghamton, New York and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Demolition vs. Tony Ulysses & Mike Pocari
2. Tito Santana vs. Buddy Rose
3. Bad News Brown vs. Mike Bee
4. Jimmy Snuka vs. Chris Duffy
5. Greg Valentine & Honky Tonk Man vs. Jim McPherson & George Skaaland
6. Randy Savage vs. Jim Brunzell
7. The Big Boss Man vs. Barry Hardy