• “I didn’t feel like I should’ve been the babyface out of The Shield” – Roman Reigns
WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns was recently interviewed by Ryan Satin of FOX Sports, where he recalled The Shield’s implosion in 2014.
Reigns said that he should’ve been the one to turn on the group and Seth Rollins should’ve been in his place, but the creative team wanted him to be the babyface and Rollins to be the sell out.
Here’s what Reigns said:
“I’ve always wanted to turn heel. I didn’t feel like I should have been the babyface out of the Shield group. We all agreed, we thought it should have been Seth, and then keep me as a bad guy.
But, you know, it just happens the way it happens, the numbers lined up the way they did. When the opportunity came I jumped on it. It was kind of a team discussion.
Obviously, you gotta have the big man involved and gotta have the blessing from him. But, it just all seemed to work out with perfect timing.”
WATCH: Zelina Vega (Aleister Black’s Wife) In Super Hot Revealing Costume:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 22, 1994) – WWF Royal Rumble 1994
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 22, 1994, the World Wrestling Federation aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island.
This was the first and also has been the only time in history, that a Royal Rumble match was not won by 1 wrestler, but by 2 wrestlers at the same time.
Below are the results:
– Tatanka defeated Bam Bam Bigelow
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Quebecers (c) defeated Bret Hart & Owen Hart
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Razor Ramon (c) defeated Irwin R. Schyster
– Casket match – WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Yokozuna (c) defeated The Undertaker
– Bret Hart and Lex Luger co-won the 30-man Royal Rumble match