• “I’m sick that he’s not going to have that last match” – WWE Hall Of Famer On Triple H
“The Game” Triple H recently announced his retirement from in-ring competition due to heart failure last year.
Prior to WrestleMania 38, TMZ interviewed 2-time WWE Hall Of Famer Ric Flair and asked him about HHH’s retirement.
Below is what The Nature Boy said:
“I’m sick that he’s not going to have that last match, to be honest with you. But his legacy is in place, and he will be highly thought of and highly remembered forever.
But I do wish he had one more match. I just want him to make an appearance. I think the wrestling fans need a live appearance from him, to hear it in his own words, just in front of 80,000 people, one time.
It’s no secret Triple H saved me. When WCW closed, I was at an all-time low. When I think about it I get emotional.
Two years ago, I said, ‘God, you’ve got to have another match, man’. And he just was so involved in the corporate, in the business end of the WWE.
He’s meant a great deal to me, but also to a lot of fans around the world.”
Well, Ric got what he wanted. Triple H kicked off Night 2 of WrestleMania 38 with his legendary entrance, welcomed the fans and left his wrestling boots in the ring.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of WWF Diva Chyna:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 11, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1993’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Gene Okerlund & Bobby Heenan in Phoenix, AZ
– Tiger Jackson vs. Little Louie (Challenge 4/11/93)
– Kamala vs. Duane Gill (Superstars 4/10/93)
– Mr. Hughes vs. JD Stryker (Challenge 4/11/93)
– All American Exclusive: Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Damien Demento (Augusta, GA 3/9/93)
– Lex Luger vs. Dale Wolfe (Superstars 4/10/93)
– WrestleMania IX Highlights
– Terry Taylor vs. Joey Maggs (Challenge 4/11/93)
– Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Reno Riggins (Challenge 4/11/93)