“For the first time ever, seven Superstars will compete inside the Elimination Chamber next Sunday, with the winner going on to challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania. However, this Monday night on Raw, those same Superstars will square off in a huge Gauntlet Match ahead of their history making Chamber clash.With only six days to go until WWE Elimination Chamber, how will John Cena, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, Finn Bálor, Elias and Intercontinental Champion The Miz physically and mentally react to the grueling nature of a Gauntlet Match? And which Superstar will try to make the ultimate statement by running the gauntlet, proving both their staying power and endurance as they all aim to head into the Elimination Chamber with massive momentum? Find out this Monday night on Raw.”
• Interesting Brock Lesnar Universal Title Stat
“The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar, who won the Universal Championship last year at WrestleMania 33 by defeating Bill Goldberg, has now held the Title for over 60% of the Title’s history.
The Universal Title debuted at SummerSlam 2016.
• Former UFC Fighter Says He Turned Down A $5 Million Offer From WWE
During a recent appearance on “In This Corner” podcast, former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen revealed that he once turned down a $5 million offer from Vince McMahon and kind of pi$$ed them off by rejecting a role in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 32.
Below is what he said:
“I don’t think so and I kind of pissed those guys off. I was asked to be a contestant in a Battle Royal and I wasn’t against it, but I just couldn’t get the date. I actually worked hard and I tried to clear it. I tried to do it but WWE thought I blew them off. I haven’t really heard back and whenever they come to down, they invite me and give me and some friends some really good tickets and we have a real blast.Here’s the nuts and bolts of it: I was offered $5 million by Vince McMahon. Now, I was still under contract with the UFC and I never took this to Dana. I handled it on my own.
I told WWE, ‘No’ and that was the end of that. I never told Dana White this story, but here’s why I didn’t tell him. I knew if I called Dana and said, ‘I’ve got a $5 million offer from Vince McMahon,’ Dana would have matched it.”