• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 21, 1996) – WWF Action Zone
On this day in 1996, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, promos, highlights & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Ahmed Johnson vs. Gary Lee (From Superstars)
– Goldust vs. Savio Vega (From Last Weeks Raw)
– Promo By Goldust & Marlena
– Highlights Of The Feud Between Shawn Michaels And Diesel
– The Ross Report: An Exclusive Interview w/ Bret Hart
– The British Bulldog vs. Bob Holly (From Superstars)
– Can We Talk With The Following Question: What Kind Of Car Do You Drive?
• Jim Ross Wants To Bring Former United States Champion To AEW
Due to budget cuts caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, WWE has released over 45 employees up till now. Many of the wrestlers were very over with the fans, like Rusev.
While discussing the WWE releases on Grilling JR, AEW commentator Jim Ross said that The Bulgarian Brute is someone who could come to AEW for main event level matches. He said that if it was in his power, he would give Rusev a call as soon as possible:
“There’s got to be some semblance of a reason that the massive push for him was cut short. I don’t know what that reason is.
I’ve never heard any scandalous tales about the guy. I find him to be a softhearted, well-raised guy. Meaning he’s polite and he’s a decent human being.
Rusev would be my priority. That’s who I’d want to go after first because I can see him having some major pay-per-view main event matches with a variety of top talents in our company AEW. Anyone would be smart to hire him.
I’d like to call his matches on that high level. Conrad, you know what you’re gonna get out of the guy. He’s got something to prove now…I’m real high on Rusev, I always thought he was a player, no doubt.”
WATCH: WWE Ring Announcer JoJo Shows Off Her Huge ASSets: