• Kenny Omega Issues Statement On The Dud Ring Explosion At The End Of AEW Revolution 2021
As seen after the Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch for the AEW World Championship at AEW Revolution 2021 pay-per-view, the ring explosion didn’t turn out to be what it should’ve been.
Fans and wrestlers compared the ring explosion to Gillberg’s weak entrance pyro.
AEW World Champion Kenny Omega issued the following statement regarding it to the Wrestling Observer:
“Yeah, it was really deflating to do so much preparation, test the explosions, have them be impressive in the rehearsal, and then have it be something so much different than what was promised.
It made me appreciate everyone who worked hard and did their part even more, though. But like you said, we really wanted to have a good one, and we added real barbed wire to help with the feeling of danger so we really risked a lot. Again, I loved the match, glad we did it, sucks about the finale.”
WWE Hall of Famer Bubba Ray Dudley tweeted the following regarding the dud ring explosion:
“The only thing they remember, is the finish.”
— Bully Ray (@bullyray5150) March 8, 2021
WATCH: Zelina Vega (Aleister Black’s Wife) In Super Hot Revealing Costume:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 12, 1988) – WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event 15
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 12, 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event 15’ on NBC.
The entire event was originally taped on March 7, 1988 at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee.
Here are the results:
– Brutus Beefcake defeated Greg Valentine
– Hulk Hogan defeated Harley Race
– Ted DiBiase defeated Randy Savage by count-out
– Two out of three falls: The Islanders defeated The Killer Bees
– One Man Gang defeated Ken Patera