• New Match Announced For Ric Flair’s Last Match Event
“Ric Flair’s Last Match” is an upcoming PPV event that will take place on July 31st, the night after WWE SummerSlam 2022.
AEW wrestler Rey Fenix and former WWE wrestlers Killer Kross & Davey Boy Smith Jr. were recently added to this event.
The latest match to be added to this event is The Briscoes vs. The Von Erichs.
The following 8 matches have been announced for this event so far:
– Ric Flair vs. TBA
– IMPACT World Championship Match: Josh Alexander (c) vs. Jacob Fatu
– IMPACT Knockouts World Championship Match: Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering
– Killer Kross vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
– Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards)
– The Briscoes vs. The Von Erichs
– Rey Fenix vs. Taurus vs. Bandido vs. Laredo Kid
– Clark Connors vs. Ken Narita
WATCH: Ric Flair vs. Kenny Omega:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 11, 1992) – WBF BodyStars
On this day in 1992, Vince McMahon’s World Bodybuilding Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WBF BodyStars’.
They usually taped a full month of TV content for the show during their monthly tapings featuring some of the best Bodybuilding-Superstars on the planet at that time.
World Wrestling Federation owner Vince McMahon, who back then was only known as WWF commentator, also worked as the host on WBF BodyStars.
His very own bodybuilding-nutrition-supplement brand ICOPRO was usually advertised during every episode.
Former WCW World Heavyweight Champion Lex Luger was signed away from Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling in March of 1992, in order to join the World Bodybuilding Federation and appear on television for them.
With WWF doctor Dr. Zahorian being arrested in 1991 and Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Federation dealing with the infamous steroid scandal by 1992, the timing to run his own Bodybuilding promotion couldn’t possibly have been any worse, which is why the project was doomed to fail and it eventually disbanded.
The intro theme song of WBF BodyStars was “Go for It!” by Joey B. Ellis & Tynetta Hare.