On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 2004, WWE Judgment Day PPV took place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The only title change of the night was Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeating Jacqueline to win the WWE Cruiserweight Title.
In other title matches, Charlie Hass & Rico retained their WWE Tag Team Titles against Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn. John Cena retained his United States Title by defeating Rene Dupree & Eddie Guerrero retained the WWE Title by DQ.
The main event of the PPV saw Eddie Guerrero battle JBL for the WWE Title. This match is known for Eddie blading too deep which led to him bleeding profusely and sporting a crimson mask. You can watch Eddie bleeding after the chairshot from JBL in the video below:[fb_embed_post href=”https://www.facebook.com/WWFOldSchoolWrestling/videos/vb.278099198942505/803549393064147/?type=1&theater/” width=”550″/]
Below are the full results from the PPV:
- Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio def. The Dudley Boyz
- Torrie Wilson def. Dawn Marie
- Mordecai def. Scotty 2 Hotty
- Charlie Haas & Rico (with Miss Jackie) def. Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn (Still WWE Tag Team Champions)
- Chavo Guerrero Jr. (with Chavo Classic) def. Jacqueline (New WWE Cruiserweight Champion)
- John Cena def. Rene Dupree (Still WWE United States Champion)
- The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) def. Booker T
- JBL def. Eddie Guerrero via DQ (Guerrero retains the WWE Title)